7 tips to keep your dog safe on 4th of July
Did you know that more pets get lost on the 4th of July than any other day? Well, it's true - pets become so frightened by the fireworks that they try to escape to find a place to feel safe. Fourth of July celebrations are full of dangers for your dog so make sure your dog is safe this Fourth of July weekend with these 7 dog safety tips
- Keep sparklers, glow sticks, fireworks, charcoal, and kabob skewers away from your dog.
- Make sure your dog's ID tag and microchip info are up to date.
- Keep citronella candles, insect coils, and Tiki torch oil products out of reach.
- Avoid the heat or give your dog access to plenty of cold water and shade.
- Keep your dog away from the barbecue grill while it's in use or still hot and avoid the urge to feed them table scraps.
- Provide a safe place for your dog away from the fireworks.
- Keep an eye out for other toxins- matches, lighter fluid, sunscreen, and insect repellent that is not safe for dogs.